Saturday, March 21, 2015

Amy Gorton Child, Adolescent, Adult and Family Counseling in Parker Colorado

Amy Gorton Professional Background

I have earned a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the University of Colorado (BA.Psych.) and a Master’s degree in K-12 Educational Counseling from the University of Phoenix (MAEd.Coun.). My counseling career began in the school system as a School Counselor, moved into the healthcare system as a Mental Health Counselor at The Children’s Hospital and has finally rested as a Private Practice Counselor and the Owner of Pikes Peak Counseling since 2007. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) and a Certified Systemic Play Therapist (CSPT). I work with children as young as five years of age as well as adolescents and adults using techniques such as art, imaginative play and narrative therapies in addition to talk therapy, CBT, and EMDR.
My Post-Master’s Certifications Include:
  • Certificate in Play Therapy
  • Certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy
  • Certificate in EMDR: Basic Training (Levels I and II)
I am a member of the Association for Play Therapy (APT) on both the local and national level. I am the former Vice President of the Colorado Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (CAMFT) and the former Committee Co-Chair for the Parenting Coalition of Douglas County.

Techniques and Theoretical Orientation

I use a variety of different counseling techniques tailored to fit my clients’ needs including Client-Centered/Person-Centered, Family Systems, Humanistic, Structural, Reality, Integrative, Experiential, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) as well as Play Therapy. In addition to individual and family therapy, I provide non-emergency counseling services by appointment only. I am typically in the office Tuesdays through Saturdays. Evening appointments are available during weekdays. I do not provide 24-hour emergency assistance. If you feel that you are having a true emergency please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room. Please be aware that I cannot guarantee complete confidentiality over a phone line or through e-mail correspondence. Please be brief with the information that you provide over the phone or in an e-mail. I will return phone calls and e-mails as promptly as possible during business hours (usually within 24 hours).

Pikes Peak Counseling

Child, Adolescent, Adult & Family Counseling

Amy Gorton, MAEd.Coun., LPC, CSPT
12900 Stroh Ranch Way
Suite #220
Parker, CO. 80134
720.244.0899

pikespeakcounseling@yahoo.com